Fairfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All positions are conditional on satisfactory completion of employment vetting including an enhanced check through the Disclosure and Barring Service, suitable references, proof of Right to Work in the UK, pre-employment health check and professional qualifications. Specific safeguarding questions will be asked at interview.
All posts involving direct contact with children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 and the successful applicant will be required to hold or undergo a suitable enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure. However, amendments to the ROA 1974 (Exceptions Order 1975 (2013 & 2020)) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are 'protected'. These are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be considered. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Ministry of Justice website or see
Short-listed candidates will be asked to complete a criminal record self-disclosure form to provide details of all unspent convictions and those that would not be filtered or protected, to be returned to the school prior to the date of the interview. You may be asked for further information about your criminal history during the recruitment process. If your application is successful, this criminal record self-disclosure information will be checked against information from the Disclosure & Barring Service before your appointment is confirmed.
In addition to the above, the school reserves the right to carry out an online search on short-listed candidates. This will only include a search for information which is publicly available online.
Please note it is an offence to apply for the role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
For further information please contact Mr. J. Gale (Designated Safeguarding Lead) or Mrs. C. Parker (School Business Manager) by telephoning 01900 821133 or by emailing email@example.com.
Recruitment Policy & Documents
Other Recruitment Policies
Full-time temporary post in Year 1 (Maternity Cover):
Full-time temporary teaching post in Year 1 (Maternity Cover) – MPR - required from 16th April 2024 – 20th December 2024.
The Learning for Life Trust are seeking to appoint an inspirational, highly motivated classroom teacher to help us build upon our school’s achievements and successes as one of the most successful schools in the county.
Like us you will be dynamic, innovative and hardworking; driven by a passion to bring out the very best in all our pupils. You will support the school in moving towards its vision and will bring a wealth of ideas and experience to the team.
We would like to hear from applicants who have:
- Experience in teaching in EYFS/Key Stage 1 with a proven track record in achieving high standards.
- Evidence of being an outstanding practitioner, able to enthuse and inspire pupils and staff.
- Evidence of a strong understanding of effective phonics delivery.
- Evidence of being a strong subject leader.
- High standards in terms of teaching, behaviour and achievement.
- A commitment to further professional development.
- Excellent organisational skills, plus the ability to provide and maintain an engaging and challenging learning environment.
- A commitment to playing a full and active role in the wider life of the school.
- The ability to develop purposeful relationships with stakeholders of the school/Multi Academy Trust.
In return, we can offer:
- A skilled, creative and supportive team working with friendly children and supportive parents.
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a forward looking, ambitious organisation that believes in developing its staff to become the best they can be.
- A school that is consistently focussed on making a positive impact on pupils and the community.
- Opportunities to collaborate with local schools and be part of a developing a Multi Academy Trust
Closing date for applications: Thursday 30th November 2023
Shortlisting: Friday 1st December 2023
Interviews to take place on: Wednesday 6th December 2023
Full-time temporary post in Year 1 (Maternity Cover)
PCD3 Grade 3 Level A £9.36 per hour (£18,065 - £18,426 pro rata)
Fairfield Primary School
Gallowbarrow, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 0DX
Headteacher: Mr Chris Steele
Tel: 01900 821133
Mid-day Supervisors required with immediate start.
5 hours per week – term time only (12 pm until 1pm- Monday to Friday)
We are looking for a person who:
- Should enjoy working with children
- Will promote healthy eating
- Can organise and support playground activities
- Will encourage good behaviour at all times
- Is able to work collaboratively as part of a team
Fairfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All positions are conditional on satisfactory completion of employment vetting including an enhanced check through the Disclosure and Barring Service, suitable references, proof of Right to Work in the UK, pre-employment health check and professional qualifications.
For further information please contact Mrs. Carolyn Parker on 01900 821133 or, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org